Skip to content
TOWN PUMP RULES
- Participants may compete as individual or on a team of up to 4 people.
- During each Pump, participants will have two hours to climb. All participants will climb at the same time. They are allowed to observe other climbers prior to their attempts. Participants may work on problems during the week as well.
- Participants may discuss problems amongst each other. Participants must start the problem from the start holds (competitors may not work on a problem from the middle of the problem).
- Participants witness each other climb. When a participants completes a problem, s/he has two witnesses initial his/her scorecard.
- Participants choose which and how many of the problems they will attempt, and they get as many attempts as time permits. Although participants can climb as many problems as they want, only their top five problems will be scored.
- The total number of points from participants’ top five boulder problems will be entered to determine the winner. At the conclusion of each Pump, a traversing competition, in which participants traverse the Boxcar Boulder as many times as possible, will be held. The winner in each category will receive an extra point.
- Winner will receive 25 points toward their placements in the series; 2nd place will get 24 points, 3rd place 23 points, etcetera. Participants placing 25th and lower will each receive 1 point.
- Individual scoring: Participants may compete in as many of the 14 series over the course of the summer as they’d like; total points from their six best performances will go toward their final overall score.
- Team scoring: The cumulative scores from participating team members will be totaled every pump; the team’s final score for each pump will be calculated by dividing the points accumulated by the team by the number of people on the team. As with the individual scoring, teams may compete in as many of the 14 series over the course of the summer as they’d like; total points from their six best performances will go toward their final overall score.
- There are awards for:
Individual: Men, Women, Youth (Girls and Boys)
Teams: Men, Women, Youth, and Co-ed
- Additional raffle prizes awarded at every Pump!